Labels

home about networks follow

A sense of accomplishment

PERMALINK • Saturday, 16 October 2010


It's fantastic how we're done.
Laura, Kah Heng and I realised it wasn't a half bad project.
We enjoyed working on it, rather, playing with dolls along the way.
This might be our last project after all.

On my way back I thought about it hard, how, in a few days time, we would see the last of each other. Well, at least as a class. Graduation, moving on, it sounds that far away yet so heart-wrenching when it suddenly hits you that when you wake up the next morning, you won't have that familiar voice right next to you or just her, silently walking next to you. Yes, while we are still in the same school and have much more opportunities to see each other,we're no longer connected in that same, special way, a bond that holds us together as 2I'10.

For us, I think it's a known fact that we're bonded, deep down, though we seem nonchalant and not displaying that bond. But just thinking about the time we won't spend with each other, how far we will all drift from each other, makes me dread moving on and breaking this bond I have with everyone.

It was never like this in primary school. I never felt anything particular to anyone, even the five of them. I'm not afraid to say it here, how cold-hearted it may seem, but I was truly indifferent. Perhaps, just perhaps, it was because there was never anything to feel, right? I have realised, for a long time now, that there wasn't much ... depth to our friendship? Apart from being a fixed group that moved around and talked together, we were very much different, weren't we?

No comments :