Labels

home about networks follow

These sounds in my head they are driving me insane.

PERMALINK • Sunday, 15 April 2012

Plagued:

The haunting of the night -- it hurts like the searing burn of a  grasp. You leave a trail of flames that lap up everything in sight. One look and you've ravaged the forest. You broke the peace. You've undone everything, everything I sought to protect and preserve you have wrecked you tread these bones that hold (hole)  me up you seep into me into the depths of sense and paralyse you paralyse you contain my thoughts to drive me to the edge and you push me off into the void I've created for myself, for you.

You enter the shadows of my mind and pluck at the threads and you mimic my neurones oh you fire you start firing inside my head I think I'm going insane I can't pick up a pen to scratch these itches into paper because there is nothing for me to grasp at. 
You weren't there.
I never was. 

You are the swash and you ease,
You are the lap and then you leave.
(C'mon now, c'mon, fill this in with the molten shaped in our minds)
You catch oh you catch. A pool of comfort and invitation.
I am the weight that you dragged along, 
Trying to predict your every move, 
Every song!

I'm getting seasick (retching nothing Nothing!!) with the rise and the fall,
But I'll pretend, I'll pretend (that's me after all).

I can't tell if it's my rhythm or yours; a whole lot of drumming for the words we've lost. 

No comments :