Labels

home about networks follow

Thoughts on a Friday afternoon

PERMALINK • Friday, 22 June 2012

Each time I hear them say "And together, we're Hi-5!", I can't help but mutter that they aren't. I wonder if my feet are going to hurt if I wear my heels out for Boom. How do I get down to the DBS Arts Center? How do I get to Four Seasons Hotel from there? Better make a note to myself to look for directions. I'll use my atas little notepad. Oh I better get down to making that post about a view into my phone.

Ol' Chunky held many notes for me, but its time has come to an end; its successor has arrived.

Ol' Chunky holds many memories. The notes in there represent the times I didn't have a scrap of paper on me, nor a pen, nor the will to lift a finger to grab my various notebooks and organisers. It's not the nicest memopad I've seen. The font is way too large for my liking, the default yellow background colour much too bright, accompanied by widgets that are out of place.

I found somebody else, Chunky. I finally got down to looking for a notepad app, just so I could place widgets on my pages. I got lucky the first time.

Features and some writing under the cut:


Here is a sneak peek into Simple Notepad, available only on Android and not IOS. What I love about this app is that it's just like blogging or making blogskins. Its features include:

01) Adjustable font and font size
02) Folders and tags
03) Transparent app background: The app's background is your wallpaper
04) Sleek widgets: widgets range from the size of 1x1 to 4x4, with a choice of translucent or opaque backgrounds, with custom colours and a palette for you to choose from
05) Titles: You can change the colour of the title for better organisation. Colours include royal blue, hot pink, gold, olive, lime green, and even "translucent blur"
06) Check-lists: strike-throughs, check-boxes, item count and priority settings available



I wanted to present the notes in the form they first took in Chunky instead of in the new app, which would have made them victims of resettlement. I wanted the notes complete with the time-stamp of either the last edition or first creation. To my dismay, I found that as long as I opened the note, I would have automatically updated the time-stamp to the exact moment in the present. What a shame. I had been living under the impression that I could preserve the past. I tried as much as I could to salvage the rest of the notes with the timestamps from before... except I know not if those too are accurate.













No comments :