30 April 2014: Audrey's Birthday
More under the cut: CC Submission, Bloomsbury Bakers, Ms Daniel's Farewell, Biking
The amazing trackers and crossers invited me for a BBQ for Audrey at East Coast! Nicolette and I made our way down together after SYF and it was hilarious walking to the beach with her. We were certain we were going to get lost because the location was quite a distance from VJ. So on the way there, we were making stupid live commentary about our journey about how we would dramatically "walk all the way out of Singapore if we couldn't find our way lor". Eventually we kinda sorta made it to the underpass where we were faced with a forked road. Thank god for signs sent from heaven. An arrow drawn in marker ink was pointing to an arrow pointing to the left. So with a shrug and spontaneous belief in marker ink, we just kept pretending to follow the smell of food and the sound of Audrey making a din. And somehow! We ended up at Pit 22!!
There was no sign of Audrey, in fact only Fiona, Wendy, Louis Clarice and a few others were there. There was no big strong fire going, much less the smell of food. But boy was there a whole lot of food waiting to be cooked!!!! Soon after, Audrey arrived with Jayne, who had been trying very hard to keep her in suspense ahhaah, but the party couldn't start until Michelin Star Chef Bertram (or as Nicolette would put it, 100 grand man) arrived.
I took a spin on Fifi's tall bike with my not so tall legs, by the time I made it back the party was kinda in full swing hehe. I'm so glad I went for it, and stayed, following Bertram's guilt-tripping. In the end, I couldn't go for the dramatic reading of DKH, but I did enjoy myself thoroughly! I met so many new track/cross friends too! Thank you for the invite ♡♡
13 May 2014: Mini 4N gathering at Bloomsbury
Arranged to meet Zhen Hui for cakes at Bloomsbury and then secretly told Claire, Sharifah and Yi Chen to pop by to surprise her!! We ended up in a pretty crowded bakery, but although it was a squeeze, I had a lot of laughs. And cakes. Don't forget that.
Soccer girls Semis @ SAJC
Took a bus down to my first and only match support of the season because the rest of the matches were on TSD days :-(( The best part of the matches I go for is that they are always close to home. Saw some Cedarians at SA that I don't usually talk to, but when they saw me they gave me huge smiles and waved exceitedly :")
20 May 2014: CC Submission
You heard right!!!!!!!!!!! Good riddance critical commentary. Sayonara. 再见! Actually no, I don't ever want to see you again.
28 May 2014: Ms Daniel's Farewell
Unfortunately one of my favourite and the best Lit tutors I've ever had (and I have had plenty) will be leaving for the UK for good in June, so we had a farewell civics for her to thank her for her care as a lit and civics tutor. It was lovely to see the class come together to make a box of cards and a video montage for her. Mark did an excellent job of putting together the video of us thanking her for everything. It was half funny and half tear-jerking to watch our joker friends speak sincerely. I think what made the video truly personal was the fact that it wasn't flawless not in the editing I mean (ok mark) but the last portion of inconsistent little snippets of "thank you"s we said from random corners in our own houses or on the bus. It made the video quirky and just so real. By the end of the screening, almost all of us were teary-eyed. Ms Daniel had a difficult time composing herself too.
I don't think I'll ever forget all of her kind words and encouragement. We're going to miss her so much
30 May 2014: Full Day
Spent full day with my classmates at ECP! Started this post with me cycling on Fiona's bike and now I've got my own hehe. We rented bikes and cycled around East Coast, initially intending to go all the way to Changi, but because of some burden (JOHN) who "had forgotten how to cycle", we had to turn back after arriving at Bedok Jetty to pick him up. I had great fun racing ahead and cycling with Mark as we talked :-) Then we went to Burger King for lunch! Yishan came over for a tiny while and she brought her dog! Cutie I want a doggie too :-(
YAY ok that more or less rounds up the major non-concert events of Term 2 :-----))) Have been quite busy this holidays with a lot of boring things, but it's still cool enough for a standalone holiday blogpost so look out for that next I guess!! In fact in about 2 hours I will be at the 24 hour play-writing competition! I'm not looking to winning anything though; it really is just for the experience :-) ZHEN HUI IS GONNA BE THERE WHEEE
... But I probably wouldn't be updating too frequently until my TSD practicals are ov-- OH YEAH TSD Practicals are gonna be over!!! Term three is gonna start off hellish with CT2s and TSD practicals but I'm also nervous as heck yet excited for TSD showcase! All my friends are really excited to come and see what this devilish subject is all about and I honestly can't wait to perform for them again. Just thinking about it makes my heart pound with fEAR. This is all too real!!!! Wow bracing myself for my future right now, I hope I don't get washed away in all the madness. In line with revising for Death and the King's Horseman, allow me to quote something about will-power:
It is the exercise of will which makes us more
than mere flotsam on the aimless tides
and currents of the human ocean.
ok goodbye friends I am gone
No comments :
Post a Comment