Back with my last installment of the concert season posts!!!
5 May 2014: Hooked!
Planned to go for Dance's biennial concert with Raithoros, but only Sarah informed me proper of her plans :-( The rest of Raithoros didn't even inform us about their own plans beforehand hmph hmph hmph so we decided to tag along with the trackers :-(
Still, it was a great evening spent with Audrey, Fifi, Wendy and Sarah and a couple of their other friends! Wendy and I shared some sushi heh she's really funny.
And look who was here with her TJ dance friends!!!! Mavis Chia I LOVE YOU // Said shared sushi within the radius of SC ushers advocating Brightspot aka Darksports of Hunger aka no food areas
16 May 2014: Perfect Fifth
Went to support John at the Guitar Concert!!! I'm so glad I went for it because it was stunning!!
Billie Jean was so sensual and there were also really beautiful pieces like the Apologise and Say Something mash-up, and a fricking cool duet by Evelyn and Boston!!!. There were little delightful moments like John, the biggest member, playing the smallest guitar on the back of his neck, members stepping forward and singing, and three people playing one guitar! But after all of these tricks, what made me the happiest was the way the ensemble smiled and grooved along to the music, completely immersed in passion for what they were doing :")...
Well, that... and other things.
22 May 2014: Glossolalia!
Writers' Circle held it's annual read-aloud session where all members would read their pieces of prose/poetry/script to a small group of people. Not exactly a concert... but a showcase, nonetheless. I invited Lidiya and Sarah to join us and I'm so glad they came :-) There was also free pizza yum!! Posted my poem a few weeks ago: Not a Red Rose but an Onion
A couple of days later, Ms Daniel sat down beside me during lit lesson and said that she really loved my poem, especially the fact that I had written it somewhat in response to Carol Ann Duffy's Valentine, which was a poem we had discussed for lit early last year. I'd like to think that it was fulfilling for her to see that I had taken away something valuable from her lessons. It was no less important for me as a student to have her words of encouragement now that she will be returning to the UK :"(
23 May 2014: Resonance XV
Finally! The last concert of the season! Went for Harmonica Band's concert "Premier" with Yufeng to support the beautiful Abigail ♡♡ Kinda embarrassing to be sitting next to one Yufeng who screamed "Abigail!! Marry ME!!" just before a song started (u_u")
PSA: If you need to get flowers for somebody, DO NOT go to a florist because they are hella expensive and the flowers/packaging are not much prettier than what you get at a supermarket. A bunch of seven roses cost $8 only as compared to florist roses at $3 a stalk!! You would also have to pay for additional packaging if you don't want your flowers to be in the florist's simple pink paper (supermarket flowers come in a clear plastic wrap), so it's more worth the money if you bring a nice big ribbon and/or crepe paper from home. Yufeng and I got five stalks of daisies of different colours for only $4 and we went to Daiso to get a big bow to top it off. So go to a supermarket to save money!!!!
end of psa
Yay! This rounds up March-May Concert Season!! Hopefully I'll be able to catch more performances at the year-end season too! I had a fantastic time at this year's series, not just watching plays but also appreciating art forms I didn't think I would have otherwise been interested in if not to support my friends i.e. guitar and harmoc. I really did have lots of fun at these concerts (although yes they put a huge strain on my wallet), hanging out with classmates, ex-classmates and OGL friends too. I'm so proud of all those who put effort into showcasing their talent, and also for those who showed great support for their friends :") Very humbled to have been a part of the concert experience in and out of VJ, paid and free. Thank you to all those who presented me with an opportunity to attend your concerts and god damn if I don't love performances.
Concert Season part i // Concert Season part ii // Concert Season part iii
No comments :
Post a Comment