Labels

home about networks follow

June: Break time!

PERMALINK • Friday, 11 July 2014

I had been looking forward to the June holidays very very very much during term two, because it was that time of the year when everything was getting on my nerves again. #throwback to the first half of 2013 when I was just getting to know everyone and trying to settle down in a new environment (╯︵╰,) I was getting very stressed out about TSD and all of the other stuff that was going down and I was so easily irritable. It was a very suffocating existence because I didn't know what bothered me exactly and thus there was no exact remedy for it, or at least a remedy that was far out of reach (i.e. practicals only (already!!!) in two weeks time). I just knew I needed some time on my own to reaffirm myself and recollect positivity that I had expended during the term. 

Alas, as you can see from the previous post, it was not very easy to get away from the stress during the holidays... when I had to constantly work on the source of it hah hah. There was simply no time for me time because of rehearsals and studying for CTs. Or rather I guess I didn't manage my time very very well. I had to squeeze in as much "rest" as I could. Lessons haven't really started proper yet, so we'll see if this term break has given me renewed power to conquer term three :-/ Nonetheless, I had fun, albeit less than I would have liked, but fun all the same!

One of the highlights of June was a somewhat spontaneous decision to go watch Maleficent with Zhen Hui! I had a Thursday completely free... and instead of using it productively (read: trying to use it to do some revision), I decided I really needed to chill out if I wanted some semblance of sanity for the rest of 2014.

I wanted to make it the best day that could ever be (as far as possible) so I did some stuff to be proud of!!!

1) Had a good amount of sleep and woke up to a lovely chilly morning!



2) I. Got. Out. Of. Bed. And went for a run! Super proud of myself because it was a morning run and sometimes I'm too lazy to even go for afternoon runs. Moderate pace and moderate distance but a sense of being alive and getting somewhere. At last.  

4) Nice View


5) Beautiful flowers

6) Had a big breakfast and read! This book is a real struggle because it's sci-fi and always switching narrators

7) #same

8) Wore whatever the frick I wanted to wear. Things that I had been hesitant to wear out.

9) Headed to the library to do a little bit of studying
10) Wrote a card for Zhen Hui
11) Bought yummy snacks and finished a bag of pillowy donuts by myself while people-watching

12) Got a book of local poems for free at the library!

13) Met this doll. Demon doll. Reading at dinner because we are very sociable people

14) HAD GOOD FOOD

15) Watched Maleficent after good food!! ZH brought her second pancake dish into the cinema and nobody gave a second look. Angelina Jolie was fricking badass omfg so happy with the movie and it's glorious messages :")

16) Got some stickers from ZH!! Thank you :---))
17) Bought myself and my sister some earrings to share the love!

Thank you so much demon doll for such a great time i love you a big bunch (•‿•)❤

Small victories: 

TSD rehearsals and study dates in school generally left me very lethargic but little things made it better, like seeing Audrey or Valerie, going for tau huay with Yufeng and chatting about life. 

Long waits for buses were annoying but a transitional time of reflection and also despair (at the unproductivity of the day :-( ))))

Glorious sunsets and...

Beautiful skies #nofilter



Unbelievable 

Finally used my remaining $70 MPH vouchers on this bookset!! I decided to go ahead with this because I was so torn about what to buy anyway and the set was much cheaper than individual books. If your second sis who doesn't like reading very much says, "Buy them so I can read too", you had better buy them. So hello G R R Martin sir, I have heard so much about you. I have seen the sheer number of characters killed in the form of tabbed pages. I have seen the magnitude of fangirling and I aM SO READY FOR THIS FANDOM *nervous laughter*

Tried to study and then thankful because a lot of my work involves reading really cool stuff like this expressionist play.

AH YES. Because of the lack of time and money, I decided to cook my own 
delicious food instead of going out yeah


How is this extremely poser photo??? Cafe enough?? I've got the Anchor butter and the checkered cloth which is soO cafe style instagram photos (▰˘◡˘▰) 
I also fried a really good egg I'm very proud of that egg. (︶▽︶)

Folt!!!!! Super fun and beautiful game!! I don't play games very often and I get very very bored of them very easily so this is super rare! It's colour palettes are so good and aesthetically pleasing!! I get irritated sometimes but it's a good thing they have a lives count to keep my frustration from escalating and stops me from wasting even more time.

Which reminds me that I should totally go play it now!! See ya

No comments :