Labels

home about networks follow

yikes x 3: july - dec

PERMALINK • Thursday, 10 December 2015

Let's just say I'm trying to get myself back on track. 

It's been way too long since I checked in here and guess you can say that I've learnt the importance of maintaining a blog lol. The year is coming to a close and once again I will be doing that review of the year thing to sort out the mess that is my life in time for 2016. I've been falling behind on my blogging so I guess this one is a post to sum up quickly all that I have missed out in updates before I embark on that whole spiritual analysis lmao

1) Returned from London
2) Interned for one month with mom's friend
3) Went for The Open:
     a) The Price of Neglect
     b) 15 Stations
     c) Johanna
     d) Battles
4) Visited USS for the first time with Zeqi
5) Friends had their P.O.P. from BMT
6) Went to the beach with A12 TWICE in two weeks
7) Visited SAM with Vincent 
8) Went back to VJC for college day
9) Attended FASS O Week
10) Got Snapchat and Facebook - at long last!
11) Won tickets to SIFA:
     a) Six Characters in Search of an Author
     b) Dementia
12) Celebrated my 19th birthday 
13) Started to get into the heat of uni with my modules:
     a) Introduction to Literary Studies
     b) Introduction to Theatre and Performance (TS)
     c) Sociology: Making Sense of Society
     d) Southeast Asia: A Changing Region
     e) Religion and Film
13.1) And uni life:
     a) Took up a beginner Muay Thai course
     b) Joined ExxonMobile Campus Concert Crew   
13.2) Subsequently descended into yikes
14) Watched Chinglish for TS critique
15) Met with ellaoddsj
16) Won tickets to Singapore Writers' Fest:
     a) Female Power, Deconstructed
     b) Madness and Mayhem
     c) Writing Theatre Reviews
     d) Eye/Feel/Write at the National Gallery
     e) Christian Bök goes Interstellar
     f) Migrant Workers' Poetry
     g)  Closing Debate
17) Cleared the graded performance for TS: godeatgod by Haresh Sharma
18) Watched Emperor's New Clothes
19) Cleared finals!
20) Visited the National Gallery in full
21) Had a post-finals meet-up with A12

SO life HASN't been uneventful, I've just been very busy and also stuck in a rut of failing to adapt (again). I know I'll make another post soon about the intellectual things I've experienced in 2015, especially since I surprisingly attended more (formal) arts events than usual and I really loved the courses I took this sem. 

Now that finals are over, I have no excuse not to renew myself and get myself back into physical and emotional shape after being run over again and again in the past three months. It's funny how months of careful construction and a rebuilding of myself since those dark days in JC can be so easily wrecked apart again, like a house of cards falling at the slightest tremor in the air.  Well, you'll see me again real soon. No more apologies for my bad behaviour, from now on I will take stock, review and move on forward.

No comments :