Labels

home about networks follow

Chickerella and her Prince Chicken

PERMALINK • Thursday, 15 October 2009

I'm Back!

For my very first post after the hiatus,
I will share a very retarded yet entertaining story
So basically, it's a 'remix' of Cinderella...
When you see the pictures, don't freak out like when I did
Oh and the illustrations aren't really illustrations.
They're hand-made thingies.
P/S: I picked out some pictures to show you, but the entire book is illustrated[I just love that word]
Have Fun!
Chickerella
By Mary Jane and Herm Auch
[What a name... herm herm herm...]

Chickerella had a wonderful chickhood until one night when a fox got into the coop and carried off her mother. Chickerella's father, now a single rooster, did his best to raise her, providing her with a stable and comfortable coop life.
           
Then, a few years later, a hen from another farm showed up with two daughters and convinced Chickerella's father to marry her. Chickerella was eggscited to have a new family.

[Picture: Dad is the one with arms outstretched,
Stepmom is the one in leh pard pweens and the lump of white in front is Chickerella.]

Chickerella even put her sewing skills to use, making three dresses as welcome gifts for her stepsisters Ovumelda and Cholestera. "Such a sweet girl," said the stepmother with a smile that gave Chickerella hen bumps.

Before long, the stepmother sent Chickerella's father on a wild goose chase. Then she proceeded to redecorate.

"This doesn't look like my home anymore," Chickerella said.

"That's because it's my coop now, not yours," said the stepmother. "You have too many clothes. I want you to let out your dresses to fit my girls"

"But what will I wear?" asked Chickerella.

"You're just a servant now. You only need one dress and you will not be living in the main coop anymore."

From then on, the stepmother locked Chickerella in the spring house every night.

Chickerella's days were filled with work. She prepared all the meals but wasn't allowed to eat with her stepfamily.

She ate the bugs that clung to the spring house walls and drank the crystal clear water that bubbled up through its floor. After a short time on this odd diet, Chickerella noticed that the shells of her eggs were becoming more and more transparent, until soon she was laying eggs of pure glass.

One day the stepsisters came home all aflutter.

"The prince is seeking a bride," said Ovumelda.

"He's invited every unmarried hen to the Fowl Ball," added Cholestera.

"I've always wanted to go to a ball," said Chickerella.

"Don't be silly," said the stepmother. "The prince would never marry a servant."

"Who wants to get married?" Chickerella asked. "I just want to see the fancy ball gowns."

"Out of the question" answered the stepmother.

"Now start making my daughters look beautiful. We don't have much time."

Chickerella's next few days were filled with frantic preparations. Making the stepsisters presentable wasn't easy, especially when they kept adding their own eggsperating touches to their outfits [like grapes, and stalks of flowers].

When the big night arrived, the stepmother locked Chickerella in the spring house. Later, as Chickerella was dozing off, the spring house fizzed with sparkles.

"Yikes! Who are you!?" gasped Chickerella.

"What, you've never read a fairytale? I'm your Fairy Goosemother. I've been watching your stepmother run you ragged. why doncha speak up?"

"My father will fix everything when he gets back."

"Don't wait for someone else to fix things. You take charge. Fantastic eggs, though. How do you do that?"

"I think it's something in the water"

"Oh yeah. I put a spell on the spring a while back. Cool side effect."

"Fairy Goosemother, I'd love to go to the Fowl Ball."

"So go already. Although why you want to is beyond me. The band is Penny Pullet and the Rock Island Reds. They sound like chicken toenails on broken eggshells."

"But I have nothing to wear. If I had some silk and a few beads I'd make a gown."

"I'll speed things up." The Fairy Goosemother waved her wand.

"Sky blue pink [what's that? khaki green?] is my favourite colour," cried Chickerella. "It's beautiful!"

"Yeah, I'm good. Coulda made a fortune as a fashion designer."

"Now I remember the story!" Chickerella exclaimed. "You'll turn a pumpkin into a coach."

"I don't do transportation, dear. I'll call a cab, but at midnight, the cabbie goes off duty and the snazzy outfit goes poof!"

Chickerella was thrilled to see all the gowns at the Fowl Ball.

The prince was charmed by the eggsquisite Chickerella and danced every dance with her, even though they couldn't carry out a conversation over Penny Pullet and the Rock Islands Reds' music.

When the band finally took a break, Chickerella heard the clock strike midnight. "I must go!" she cried.

As she dashed out the door, she felt an egg coming on. "I can't stop to lay an egg!"

But there's no holding back an egg that's on its way, especially a slippery glass one. Chickerella ran headlong down the castle steps. she was too late! The cab drove away. Then the gown disappeared in a burst of fireworks, and Chickerella ran cluck naked all the way home.

The next day, Chickerella heard a commotion. "Hear ye! Hear ye! The prince seeks the mysterious hen he met at the Fowl Ball. The only clue she left is this egg. All single hens, please present you eggs."

"Look, Mine have big yolks," said Cholestera.

"She is a big yolk," said Ovumelda.

"The egg must match the one in this velvet bag," said the prince. "Does any one else live here?"

The stepmother blocked Chickerella from the prince's view. "No, Your Highness"

"I live here!" cried Chickerella.

But the prince didn't hear her. He and the page turned to leave.

"Wait!!!! I lay glass eggs!!! Is that what you're looking for?"

"That's eggsactly what I'm looking for! Release her at once!"

"Your Highness surely wouldn't marry my servant, Chickerella" said the stepmother

"Finding a bride was my mother's idea," said the price. "I only went to the ball to see the fancy gowns." [What a prince...]

"Oh Me too!" exclaimed Chickerella, running out into the sunlight.

"Your costume was eggcellent, my dear."

"Thanks Your Highness, I'm really into fashion,"

There was a burst of sparkles. "Fashion? Did I hear Fashion?" said the Fairy Goosemother.

"I'm into eggcessories," said the prince. "Especially shoes."

"We all love clothes," said Chickerella. "Lets start our own fashion business."

"Done!" declared the prince. "We'll name it after you."

So the Fairy Goosemother zapped up some fabulous fabrics, Chickerella cut and stitched, and the prince designed stylish shoes to match. [Can't FGM zap up everything?] That's how they started the fashion line called Chickerella.


Their first show in New Yolk was an Eggstravaganza. And the friends worked happily ever after...

No comments :