I went to watch The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader today.
It was fantastic. I'm easily impressed, but this-- THIS is AMAZING.
Well, yes, I'm not a really big fan of Narnia, but this just blew me away. Initially, I was rather hesitant about watching it because
1) I'm not really into fantasy, magical, etc movies (i.e. HP)
2) I haven't seen the first 2 movies and it might be difficult to catch up on the plot
3) I read the first book (The Lion the With and the Wardrobe) for a reading program but did not really enjoy it as much as I should have
Thankfully, the plot was clear and intriguing, and seconds into the show, I began to think about how silly I was to not want to come (after all, it was free, some event and free screening). It was easy to understand the plot since I knew about the characters and the start of it all.
To learn about the plot click here
(Spoilers)
The movie was very enjoyable, good for those that hate long, draggy movies. This one jumps straight into the main idea, with a few sub stories that fit quite well. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader can be said to be about courage, appreciation of non-material things and friendship. It was an action packed movie that deals with things that are relative to life, such as falling to temptation. Throw in an annoying non-believer who turns over a new leaf and forges a friendship with a talking rat and you have a heart-warming touch to it. I actually cried when Reepicheep wanted to leave to see Aslan's country and left Eustace behind. Eustace contributed to the humour in the movie. Oh gosh he was so funny *snorts*. Caspian and Edmund were awesome, especially Caspian (squeeeeee). He's cool and hehe.
In May 2009, he was nominated for MTV Movie Awards' Best Breakthrough Male for his performance in Prince Caspian, which went to Robert Pattinson from Twilight.
Aww, Caspian.
I can say I do not regret going for this movie. If I do, and I might, it might be because the movie has had such a huge effect on me. Now, I'm stuck on finding a blue star, looking at paintings, doors and wardrobes.

No comments :
Post a Comment