Labels

home about networks follow

Darling, let your hair down

PERMALINK • Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Hey guys! I'm finally back in action :)
Yes, the move is complete, well, sort of. Anyway, I wanted to blog about it but I'm so lazy. Besides, the draft I made when the internet was down is rather... unpleasant. I don't want to remember.

One of the best things that happened this holiday? Movies, and this time, it's Rapunzel.
Move over Prince Charming, Flynn's here. (Pardon my over-enthusiastic tone)

-spoilers all throughout-

Rapunzel is such a lucky girl. She's a beautiful princess with amazing hair (that used to be long and magical), has an adventure of a lifetime and has, most importantly, captured the heart of Flynn, the bandit.

I know this is crazy, but I'm like this, you have to understand, Flynn is cute. There, I said it. Well, it kinda happens when I read and watch- become obsessed with a fictional character (it happened once with Edward, OHMYGOD SO IT DID *slaps self* Don't worry, I'll grow out of it)

Can't blame me, the offer was too enticing. Fairy tales, gah, always too good to be true, which is why I like Rapunzel *snorts* According to an interview with the producers and team, Flynn was constructed by a group of women that put together and ripped apart the faces of male celebs to create the perfect man and it was "horrible watching them at work".

Anyway, Urk me. Flynn's perfect by being not to perfect, if you know what I mean. *goofy mode on*. He's a bandit for goodness sake,but he's funny, ego and awesome at the same time. Gosh I sound freaky. Now let's get to the plot.

So the traditional story of Rapunzel is further enhanced with a girl with super long hair that has thepower to restore (i.e. youth, health) She's a princess that was abducted when she was a baby to help this evil woman (Rapunzel's fake ma) stay youthful. Years pass and a wanted bandit, Flynn (eeeeeee) stumbles upon her in her hidden tower. They work out a deal to help her see the lanterns the king and queen (her rightful parents) let fly every year on her birthday (which is why she suspects they have something to do with herself). And so, the duo try to get to the castle, meeting good friends along the was and coming to close shaves. Eventually, companionship turns into love for this awesome pair. Alas, more evil characters decide to split them. Rapunzel realizes her real parentage but the evil ma tries to take her away for good. Flynn arrives after escaping capture. Evil ma stabs Flynn so he cannot save Rapunzel (dammit evil ma). But of course, magic happens and saves them all and they live happily ever after.

Darn it I died a little inside when Flynn was stabbed :(
My favourite character was, well, need I say more? Flynn of course. And my favourite scene was when he was dying and told Rapunzel: "You are my new dream". GOSH THAT WAS BEYOND SWEET
I loved watching the Disney movie especially with the simple but engaging plot. It was hilarious; even the non-talking characters were funny. I like how things can get so incredibly random and unbelievable just because it's magical, and is a -duh-magic-happens-here-. What I didn't expect were the songs, well, silly me, it's a Disney movie, of course there'll be songs.

In conclusion, a movie you must catch this holiday season. I'm not gonna forget this movie anytime soon.

No comments :