Anyway, yesterday was a rather shit day. NE carnival. Brenda and I spent the first hour sitting around and talking. Well, she was doing most of the ranting, the poor girl. Yada yada, fashion show, played some traditional games. When we went back for recess, the first ax was thrown. Serial thief, I hope you burn, then freeze, then burn, then freeze and burn again and then you can die for all I care.
Some of the big ones were called in to do the usual talk. And then Mr Sng dropped another bombshell.
I was about to tell him that the same trick doesn't work twice; Mdm Audra beat you to it, Mr Sng. Then I realised he wasn't joking. It was ironic. He, and Mrs Jai were shocked that Mdm Audra told us she wanted to resign. They laughed their asses off and told me that she was just joking.
Then we learnt both Mr Sng and Mrs Jai were leaving. Some sick joke.
I tried to stop the tears, I really did. But once I was in the safety of the toilet, I let it all spill. Mr Sng is my favourite teacher. He was the very first person to boost my confidence as an actress. He gave me, a Sec One, a chance to be an understudy to the lead actress in SYF 2009. He told me that I was good, and I was so grateful for that.
He wrote the script and directed my first ever proper performance for Cedar Lit Up 2009. Like Nicolette put it, he was the "snarky dad to EL"
"Roses are red, Violets are blue, Whiter than white are kueh kutus"
"Doctor Ma T. Doctor Mati (die), ..."
"Actually, Sergeant Yayah, it's Dr Ma. Dr Tabitha Ma."
Only Mr Sng could come up with the most retarded but equally hilarious scripts. Even during the SYF 2011 period, two years after he'd stepped away from the role of the Teacher In Charge of EL, he continued to give Nicolette and I advice and valuable input with regards to lllyria.
When 3N's relationship with him hit an all time low, he didn't give up. He sat us down, and talked it out. He cleared up the misunderstanding and pushed us on. He bought us bubbles and took the blame. He jogged and joked with us. He said he would send the Lit girls off to Australia, and offered free tuition should anybody need help with English and Lit after he leaves.
If only he would take us on the cemetery walk.
On a lighter note, Brenda made me her girlfriend heheheheheheeheh.
Yet it reminded me of us. How I'd always been so careful, not ready to give in to amusing young confessions. I remember taking it with a nod. It wasn't an eager nod, just one of acknowledgement. But after awhile, I opened up to you, and I trusted you, especially after what happened with the girls, when I'd lost everybody that I thought would stay by my side. Unfortunately, you showed me that I was dumb to let my guard down. Thankfully, I hadn't sunk into the quicksand of little words. Words are just hollow birds. And I learnt, oh, did I learn that one must always be careful. Always.
Thanks for showing me how much of a sucker you've become, and how it was right of me to walk away. I now have a me I love a lot and friends that actually deserve my love and trust. It sure sucks to be you.
No comments :
Post a Comment