Labels

home about networks follow

The next time I see you

PERMALINK • Sunday, 22 January 2012

Hello. Things are going pretty smooth so far, and I am content with life right now. I'm balancing official presidential work with school work well enough... I think and the fam is not always peaceful but they could be worse. I really want to work hard this year because ...because I actually love studying. For drama and school work alike (and not just Bio and lit... Okay mostly bio and lit), the rule that whatever is worth loving is worth fighting for.

Right now is the moment of wind before a storm. The teachers drilled into us the importance of 6 points blah blah, JC blah blah, blah blah blah blah. It's like they are ripping out trees from roots and wrecking infrastructure if only to prove their point about the coming storm, hurricane, Os, expectations, reputations, future, life.

This year I can feel myself coming together, holding on tight for the ride of a lifetime. Maybe it's just the 'into the year' enthusiasm and ambition that's driving me to want to do my best. Maybe it's the fact that I want to prove everyone that 4N 2012 lives independently of the class of 2011, free of stereotypes. I want to break the standards that laugh at us from high above. I want to have a cert I can wave under the noses of those that have trip science and double science comparisons hanging off their incisors and taunt them with it. Say something nasty, I'd say, say something nasty and you'll choke on the aura of success that is ours. Say something nasty and you'll be poisoned by your own words.

I want to work hard because I'd like to believe hard work was what gave me my A1 for a subject I would have otherwise failed. I'd like to believe it will all pay off in the end.

I also hope my friends will be able to pull through this year, it'll be our last year together, like babies playing together in a playpen before the time comes for us to break into the great world. Will you walk to the end with me?

No comments :