Labels

home about networks follow

ELDDS

PERMALINK • Sunday, 8 April 2012





First of all, I'll miss my sec fours dearly. The original group dealt with two IP girls leaving and one who went back to Thailand, appeals from Track and Field, Netball, NPCC etc and another coming in from Denmark. I'll miss my annoying voice ringing out in Limelight, getting carried away and then being pulled back down to Earth by my exco.

I'll miss watching intense debates and smirking when snide remarks are made. I'll miss having a gushing sense of pride when each speaker is done. I'll miss watching their race against time and themselves.

I'll miss the first dramatic reading of a new script. I'll miss the physical and vocal warm-ups, watching Nicolette do the butterfly stretch dramatically, kissing my imaginary lover, eating my imaginary burger, pulling the strings on my face. I'll miss doing Peter Piper, Red Lorry, Unique New York, Laughing. I'll miss the Ha! game.

I'll miss writing my name on a fresh script, memorizing it until casting day, standing in front of the coach and unleashing the monologue in my own way, while cradling the hopes of making it into the cast. I'll miss the moment of intimacy I get with my role when the cast is confirmed, the knowledge of "it's you and me for the next few months".

I'll miss hot seating, being in interviews of my character. I'll miss working out blocking, as tedious as it might be. I'll miss connecting with my fellow actresses in character on stage and breaking out of character, which is not good, but hilarious all the same. I'll miss the silence that lingers in the air, that conscious moment of inactivity, the crux to the plot, the moment of a shakey breath being let out, the moment in which the best of the audience can feel a chilling finger drag down their spine.

I'll miss clinging on to the velvet curtains in the wings, trying to calm my heart. I'll miss stepping out to the wash of the stage lights, staring out into the audience that is nothing but a haze. I'll miss the trance in which we will perform and the rush in the three seconds of fade out. I'll miss bumping in and bumping out.

I know that if I decide to take the route to drama in future, I'll return to all these pretty soon, but my first four years of proper drama in Cedar ELDDS just can't be topped. (thank you for reading)

(faythele on formspring)

Five more days to Arts Fest: Even as the lights fade into the velvet, it is never empty. I will haunt it.

No comments :