Labels

home about networks follow

Sports Day 2012

PERMALINK • Saturday, 4 August 2012


Today's Sports Day went down in history as the best Sports Day I've had in my 4 years at Cedar. Even though I didn't run any events, it was the most draining Sports Day ever, and well worth it. We weren't about to let the fact that Ixora had never been placed high in any way affect our mood, and the fact that Prelim 2 is about a week away threw itself out of the window. It was very comforting to see none of us was sitting in the corner and doing work, but most, if not all of us were hyped up and ready to make our last Sports Day the best. 

We existed completely within our own class, even if that notion might be a little sad, the heartening bit is that we were the happiest, most enthusiastic bunch in Ixora (yet that idea is still a little sad). Who is to determine a fun only you can give yourself? Looking back, I think this is one of the rare times we've had so much joy and not gotten into any trouble for it (almost, got into trouble. Almost.). We cheered until our voices became hoarse, sang and danced, and of course stood in a line and held our hands our to our friends to run pass AND HI-FIVE US.

I don't think I've ever seen a more exhilarating sight than when Mavis fell towards the end of the 4x100m relay race. As she received the baton from Min Er and headed straight for the finishing line, she pushed passed third and fourth place to keep a steady second, to the cheers of our class going wild. Then as she approached the finishing line, her legs gave way to a tumble and our class' cheers went to a devastating collection of gasps. I felt my body go cold immediately. EMOTIONS ROCKED ME because

Audrey, in third place for Oleander, stopped right then to care for Mavis (MY HEART TAKE IT NOW). I teared when I saw the beautiful sight for it reminded me of the conversation that I had with Mavis the day before. She was so afraid of running against Audrey, her (unwilling "sister"). Their relationship is one too quirky, but unexpectedly one to admire. After hanging out with them for so long, I think their friendship is one that I love the most. I didn't actually see what happened on the track in great detail, but from what I know, Audrey did deserve our Olympic style hi-five fangirling and Samba dance.

Also, off-track, I witnessed an extraordinary event at the Ixora spectators stand (I JUST HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS). Once Mavis fell, the swarm of 4N girls pushed past all the other spectators and ran for Mavis, breaking the human chain of NCC girls on duty. Unfortunately, half of us were stopped before we could save our princess, with teachers threatening to disqualify the entire house.

Neverthless, Mavis eventually joined the class with scrapped knees but her usual smile still on her face. She had thrown herself across to the finishing line, and fell just as she made it. The Ixora team from 4N came in second for 4x100m relay race.

My last Sports Day couldn't have been completed without the most believable thing to happen next: I stood up from crouching next to Mavis, ready to watch cheer, and crashed head-first into Swedha and Si Hui. They were standing right behind me and I slammed right into their cups of milo. Sticky sweet milo, spilled in my hair and splattered across my tee and skirt. Thankfully I had Saranya who helped me rinse my hair out ("I feel like a stylist!!") and Yufeng's Bougae tee to change into.

In a nutshell, most conversations afterwards went a little like this:

"Why aren't you wearing your skir-"
"Milo."
"How come you're in Bouga-"
Me:"Milo."
"Do I smell like Milo?"
"Wha-"
"Milo."
Once we were dismissed, I made a last minute decision to have lunch with Audrey, Mavis, Jayne, Sim Hong, Zhen Hui, Yi Chen, Fiona and Claire.

Photographs, Ixora Cheer Video and a special message from us!





















































Zhen Hui's Choclate Lava 




"We look like sisters!" - Mavis


"You look like a happily married couple! Hahaha!;));)" - Mavis again. wat.

1 comment :

grandpa said...

oh god i look so horrible in the cheer skirt ;__;