Labels

home about networks follow

Shu Yu's Dream

PERMALINK • Saturday, 25 August 2012

It's the kind of night where I can afford to turn on the air-conditioning, bring out the laptop and the cables and brew a cup of hot tea (today, we have Lavender from Japan, a gift from a friend), sit in my room and blog, undisturbed.

Shu Yu's dream, or Shee's dream, if you were Audrey. It's a nice nickname, and I'm glad the list of nicknames hasn't been exhausted. I'm so happy I'm spending my afternoons with Audrey and Mavis, occasionally Anisa and Fiona. They really are amazing company.

Thank You Thursday was spent well with them as I got to talk about some things that annoyed me to no end, only to realise that, they too shared the same sentiments. Plus points for guessing who Karen was once I said the first sentence.

Audrey, Mavis Fiona and I scrapped our plans for our usual Friday Bidadari run, and instead replaced it with a picnic/tea session, pretty convenient for people with food and tea on hand all day. So we headed down to Bidadari and chose a lovely shady spot between two trees.

The great thing about the park is that even though it's situated right next to the school, you hardly ever see Cedarians there. The most frequent visitors are probably the Ghurkas on their routine runs, and the park offers much peace and quiet with it's size anyway.

We had a wonderful time brewing tea with water from KT's kettle (shoutout to her youhoo), with flasks of bergamot/citrus infused tea, lavender tea and good ol' Lipton red tea. The food we were blessed with were mini pretzels, oreos, donuts, nutella, bread, chips, cherries, a banana. We had a ball of a time just stuffing our faces with good food and sipping tea from cups set down in holes made in the grass. We had a cherry-seed spitting competition, bubble-blowing marathons and I raced with and against the bubbles that floated into the distance and disappeared behind the hill.

I do apologise for the weird angles. We were on a hill.

Photographs, videos and commentary under the cut!












Sister Time





"hehehe let's have a cherry seed spitting competition!"

And so we did have a cherry seed spitting competition, and we concluded, after lots of saliva and funny sounds, that Fiona had the strongest lips.

Mavis gave three false alarms by making a ruckus, but not spitting.

Here's Mavis giving her all, but her bubble blowing skills need work.






Here's Audrey chain smoking bubbles like a pro. 




A bubble that stayed with us for a little while on the grass.

Meanwhile...

I think she resorted to blowing the bubbles only after they'd left the wand.


... or maybe just let the wind do the job ...



No comments :