Labels

home about networks follow

Gardens by the Bay

PERMALINK • Sunday, 7 October 2012


12 August: I went down to Gardens by the Bay [official website] in the afternoon and stayed there until nightfall, which was really a good time to go, because we could see the plants better in the light, but the garden at night is very romantic. I was armed with the camera again, and took off to admire the garden at my own pace.

Gardens by the Bay doesn't just consist of two domes and the Supertrees, contrary to popular belief.


The place is huge and you'll need at least a day, or two visits if you intend to cover the entire garden. I don't think several areas were open when I went, and I had insufficient time to cover the grounds, unfortunately. We also missed the OCBC skywalk because the tickets were sold out, so if you intend to talk a walk in the sky and watch as the sun sets, please buy your tickets early! If you love nature or photography, I strongly recommend visiting the Gardens because it's informative and very lush.

When I entered the conservatory, everybody seemed to be snapping photographs of the usual - bright coloured flowers, beautiful fully-formed blossoms, all the conventionally appealing things. There are some photographs under the cut that might have slipped out of many visitor's camera frames, suffered a tsch or an immediate delete. I've picked out 70 out of 412 photos, mostly marking my journey of exploration of the two domes (Flower dome > Cloud Forest: Treetop Walk > Waterfall View > Crystal Mountain > Earth Check > Secret Garden). I hope you'll see the beauty in the photos as I did!

Photographs and thoughts under the cut!




The giants.

The giant.






The carrier of life.

The establishment.



















Possibilities


Lush vs. Lack

What are you looking at?







I guess they found it.


Every cloud has a steel fencing.


To get to Crystal Mountain, I had to take an escalator.

Fortune




Singapore's national bird: cranes


"Is there more past or more future?"


Private.


"Just a dry floating rock in space"












No comments :