Labels

home about networks follow

I've jinxed it

PERMALINK • Friday, 15 March 2013

For sure.

At the mark of the first term gone, I've realised that I've committed the same mistake I've been warning myself against. Say it and you'll jinx it. Done and Done.

My horrible vibe detector is working overtime again. Most of the time, it's an accurate defense mechanism unless it gets overshadowed by the terrible sense of acceptance I want to gain; other times, it's great fuel for the constant tearing apart of people's personalities beneath a false exterior.

I can't trust anybody at this point of time, and it's very likely that I don't trust anybody in my next two years here. Fortunately, I've still got close friends not too close to the situation to confide in. 'Confiding' is such a sweet way to put 'bitching'.

At this point, I have concluded that my class has as great a capacity to be nice as it does to be downright nasty. The smooth-cut edges are already starting to peel off, a mere matter of time before we start to see more of the subjects of my self-fulfilling prophecies.

What happened to wanting to be genuine?


No comments :