I may not show it, but I'm a pretty superstitious person, maybe only in the field of jinxing. For example, if I start out liking something immensely, chances are, I will end up hating it to the core. It's quite like my experiences in making friends; if I try to force the friendship, it's going probably to go into combustion. Whether or not it's by laws of nature or a self-fulfilling prophecy, I've become increasingly aware of these things happening to me, which is why I'm trying to taking things all one step at a time, bearing in mind that I can contradict myself.
Maybe that's why I always have a pessimistic take on things right at the start, so that any small improvement is a huge leap for me. Being in VJ is new to me, finding. I do admit I was scared, and I still am, but I'll take it on confidently, I promise.
'You don't know what you have until you lose it' is the truth. I had never truly embraced the fact that I was a Cedarian until I came to VJ. I had never anticipated that I would feel such a sense of loss of security upon leaving my cocoon. The truth was that because of my fearlessness in going forth, I had never anticipated the natural resistance I would develop.
Recall: resistance to VJ drama
Yesterday's performance was probably my first step to adapting to drama there. Mama went really well. Well, apart from the fact that I don't think I will be able to handle anymore cat references. I also suffered minor trauma from the tormenting scene in which I was harassed by the 20 person strong ensemble, meowing in my ear and touchingmealloverohmygod.
On the whole, it was a challenge to me: a mere month dealing with my inertia, finding myself in my character... I'm actually surprised I managed to pull it off. Still, I believe no performance can reach 100%; there's always room for improvement. Fortunately for me, I had friends like Ally, Jillian and Nicolette to help tide me over the stressful four day intensive, and as Ally put it, the play helped bring us closer in a way. (Other than trying to be productive in rehearsals, Ally and I also went to LT3 and LT5 to flip up all the tables just for fun and went star-gazing. I also discovered Jillian isn't as scary as she looks.)
I don't have much else to say about the day/s, other than the fact that I'm so thankful to have had Nicolette with me for most of it. I also don't have photographs because I really suck at taking photos. :-(
After the performance, I ran into a fan club of flowers (also got yelled at by Mr B for socialising). I was so glad to see the familiar faces who came rushing out to catch me: Mavis, Lidiya, Yi Chen, Fifi, Claire, Jayne, Nicolette and Audrey. It was after some of their trainings and competitions and they were ready to sleep the night away but they came anyway :')
THIS LAST QUARTER IS MY FAVOURITE because let's appreciate Jayne's eyebrows and Audrey. Always Audrey.
I can't stress enough how much their presence made my night, especially in this time of...EMOTIONAL TURMOIL. I thank the heavens that I have these lovely people by my side.
Also especially thankful for Nicolette for being by my side all through drama and the drama. I have the urge to personally see to the demise of those sheep. A damn fine tiger she is. That's probably why I don't want to condemn people right now... It did take me three years to get to know her.
In all, yesterday was the picture of my life at this point in time. Faces|Phases indeed.
VJ Drama Night: Faces | Phases
PERMALINK • Saturday, 6 April 2013
❀ Labels:
celebration
•
Drama Club
•
performance
•
play
•
school productions
•
self
•
VJ drama
❀
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)




No comments :
Post a Comment