Labels

home about networks follow

Recharging (post-promos)

PERMALINK • Saturday, 28 September 2013

So I kinda promised myself I would blog first thing after promos... and I guess I broke that promise, but here are things that I did over the past two days!!

Immediately after my TSD exam on Tuesday, I went right on home and did not move for three hours.

The next day, I was still living in that 'productivity mentality': If I don't have anything to show for productivity, it isn't a good day.

SO of course, I just had to magic-clean the whole house, then broom it, then kill the little bugs on the walls, then hang the clothes, then rinse the toilet, then file my worksheets, then dust my Mirkwood display and my table, THEN I learnt to crochet. And what's a post exam plan with no sushi amirite??? 

Yesterday, I had so much fun with Audrey and Fiona and I didn't even have to travel away from the estate!! Audrey came over at 12 and we just sat around doing crafting for like four hours. Hold up, let's be clear about this: she was embossing, yes, for hours; I was working on the masks (which could have been done much quicker had I known I could have unleashed my artistic free-hand flair upon the world) that were needed for a workshop the next day. This is Audrey and Shuyu, traditionally highly distracted hungry ghosts, sitting hours on end at tables of die-cuts and paper, surviving on half a bowl of noodles each. Now, if only we'd been as focused when studying for promos...

Then we crossed the river over to Fifi's house and cooked dinner (for her mum and dad too)! Well, it was a decent attempt... Audrey made sure everything was cooked and good news! No tummyache!! I knew I was a hazard in the kitchen so I just kept to simple chopping (frickin potato peeling sucks I'm bad at that) and washing and tasting ◕‿◕。We all chopped onions and then soon there was a kitchen of crying girls it was quite punk ┌X┐(◣_◢)┌X┐

We had lots of fun and here are the top two quotations by Fiona, which led to Audrey and I falling over in hysterical laughter:

Fiona: "Ah punkin!!!"

Me: "OOH mushrooms let's have mushrooms!!"
Fiona: "Ah I... I... what's that word...-"
*silence*
Fiona: "I... oh right! I like mushrooms!"

Aw man, I wish I could document everything we did, but you would have to be there to know what kind of stupid things we were up to. 


A summary of the day: 

Top left: Audrey the girl happy in her element. She couldn't stop complimenting herself on how good she was getting at embossing.

Bottom left: Only a small part of our workspace with the embossing die-cuts and machines in two sizes

Top right: Creation (orange) and Inspiration. I brought both of them down from upstairs for Audrey to use HAHAHA but the star of the day was definitely the embossing machine. [Inspiration holds brochures, magazines, paper for inspiration; Creation holds my tools, from wood carving tools to glitter and stamps]

Middle right: Dinner!! Creamy mushroom soup, salmon and red peppers, honey chicken pieces, oven-baked potato and (more) red peppers ((((WE HAD LOTS OF PEPPERS LAH)))), and wanna-be Luca's Frico... that failed, so it just became a potato-egg-cheese pancake thing and cherry tomatoes!

Bottom right: Came home to green tea and (killjoy) WR & surfin' :-)

Aw yes it was a great day yesterday!! I really love my friends so much ❤❤❤

Oh okay so because I want to keep myself busy crafting and stuff, I thought... How cool would it be if I mailed cards to you guys!!!!! This is just for fun idek, because I'll be working on several card projects and I don't mind mailing it out to readers (or friends/juniors) who want to get in touch! (psst shoutout to people I talk to in real life too I mean if I don't have your address just drop me a text if you wanna receive stuff and I'll be sending selfies pick-up lines cards your way hehehueheuehuehuehueheuheuehueheuheuw) So if I haven't already asked you for your address, and you really want to receive something via snail mail, leave your home address + email address in the comments portion below/drop me an ask on tumblr or ask.fm/text me!!!!! Moderation is turned on for the comments so it'll be safe with me (I won't publish it). 

I DON'T KNOW 
I just really like to mail cards

No comments :