Labels

home about networks follow

Old friends and fresh places

PERMALINK • Friday, 4 October 2013

I had an amazing Saturday last week with Fiona, Audrey and Zhen Hui, not all together, but good enough. 

Zh and I planned to swim early in the morning but the sky, gloomy and boiling with unshed tears, didn't exactly allow for that, so we pushed back the meeting time. I didn't get to go swim but I got the best of both worlds when I decided to leave the house as planned and meet Fifi and Audday, who wanted to go thrift shopping, before meeting Zh.

We had our fried chicken fix in Popeyes and I went down to the Esplanade to meet Zh. It was hilarious because she walked me all the way back to the shophouses along the National Library. The day was filled with spontaneity, good friends and good vibes! I spent a good half an hour on deciding what to wear because I was trying to bridge the gap between casual thrift shopping and cafe @ Esplanade (or so I thought). Then I realised that the people I was going to be with wouldn't give two hoots if I decided to throw on a sack, and in any case, I don't even dress up. So naturally, I went with the comfortable layer on gear and I would have worn sneakers except I missed wearing my comfy flats (or almost flat) from TW. In retrospect, I should always wear sneakers when running around Bras Besah-Esplanade Favourite Places because studies have shown that I spend hours just walking about for fun.

Anyway

Popeyes @ Bugis (left Audrey and Fifi) → Esplanade MRT (met Zh) → Kooka Cafe → new2u Thrift Shop→ Shaw Towers → Cafe Pal (Zh left) → National Arts Museum's Bras Besah Bugis flea → Cathy (met Fifi) → Printing shop @ Sunshine Plaza → Popular @ Bras Besah → Art Friend → Book Point → Home



((YoooOo the photos suck but who gives a hoot amirite
I really want a camera))

I had such a great time!!! There were several disappointments, such as not having any good finds at new2u, Tom's Palatte at Shaw Towers being closed and things being a tad expensive and nerve wrecking at the flea, but those didn't really matter. Zh and I found many cafes and chill places to visit AND I really enjoyed myself with her just catching up! :D And the flea was very inspirational. I'm so excited to make my own wallet (which I have been delaying for some time now) and my diary for 2014!

The downside was that I spent lots of money (subsequently leading to the dieting in the past few days), not at the flea but just in general, for food etc, and yet there were still things I wanted!!!!!!! So annoying to not have money grow on trees!!! I bought paints for myself and a scrapbook and something secret but was love at first sight ;-) I'm thinking... lots of art making!!!!!!!!! Fiona and I went to several bookstores, the first was a bookstore that offers a huge variety of non-fiction design books. Oh my goodness. It was soul-candy! Design porn! Whatever makes your heart go doki doki! ♡♡♡♡♡♡ 

And I ran my heart into a huge ache when I went to Book Point and found a huge collection of Tolkien stuff!!!! I'm looking forward to going back with cash *cue ka-ching sounds* so I can have my own ♡♡Silmarillion♡♡by Mr awesome JRR Tolkien???? I hope I can make it ;-:

I'm really looking forward to more trips like this, especially when I am a rich adult/leeching off a rich adult; trips with good friends and refreshing spontaneity. I love indulging in being outdoors and being spontaneous and enthusiastic and passionate!!!!! I'm a little bit too full of fluff now to properly express myself, but these days are what I consider Thank You Thursday trips: the ones that make you feel thankful to have the friends you have, for the life and love you have, all in a way that let's you get in touch with yourself and the environment about you; feel good days that don't take much to happen, just raw enthusiasm and minimal (sometimes, if you have the will) spending. 

Today is not Thank You Thursday but I want to thank my friends for teaching me to appreciate the simple things in life.


No comments :