
A big shoutout to the classmates that have been helping me feel more at ease over the past few months. I think we've come such a long way over the course of this year. I'm thankful for the people in this class that never fail to make me smile and are always welcoming. I think we just discovered the joy of hanging out because we've had lunches and parties since PW stopped and there are more being planned.
On the left is a really blur photo of us at Brenan's place on the fourth. We were having a Gundam Seed marathon that kinda evolved into card games. I had an amazing time at Brenan's beautiful and cosy condo snacking and playing cards with everyone :-)
The photo on the right was taken yesterday. Yanch and I decided to go for breakfast and a walk along East Coast so we got the other two noisy boys to come along. I talked about Tolkien and DOS on the way and we had a hearty Mac breakfast at the quiet ECP branch. Then we had a TSD group meeting that's moving our group piece along quite alright.
Speaking of TSD, I have a bunch of shows planned for this month, all thanks to the complimentary offers by the various companies, as well as the school budget so I'm really looking forward to them :-) I'm really embarrassed about this but I only just managed to find the time to crack open books to read for leisure again. But I guess it's been a good thing that I've been reading on tumblr and writing, so I don't lose touch completely... Oh and I've been trying to be consistent in my doodling and scrapbooking but it really is just a coping mechanism that gives me the space that I need, so I don't really mind that I'm not forcing myself to add to it because I'm trying to Zen it down...or up... while not hiding away too much.
I also made it through the OGL selection process. I'm really nervous and pumped at the same time for the people I'll meet and the long day and nights that I will have to learn to cope with. Sometimes I ask myself if I'm ready for it but then I remind myself that I need to stop worrying so much.
Mum and Sis left for New Zealand today. I thought they would be going to Matamata where Hobbiton is, but they aren't. Oh well, it doesn't matter, not really, since I'm not the one there. And in any case, they'll be in the area of Loth Lorien and Pelennor Fields and Anduin. What more can you ask for right? I'm getting a huge wave of wanderlust as we speak.
I spent the entire afternoon trying to figure out how to update my phone when I realised that there is absolutely nothing that gives me a sense of control over the digital world. I've been injecting sentiments into the customisable nature of my phone but I think I'm now attached to an obsolete phone. Corporations and digital giants have us all programmed into buying and throwing away and buying and throwing away and it's so frightening. I'm being bombarded with all these digital/media jargon and I can't believe that I have been living contently addicted to something I cannot understand. Will I ever? And does it even matter?
The year is coming to a close and it will soon be time for my annual reflection post. I also owe you one about my twitter break.
Bilbo out.
No comments :
Post a Comment