Labels

home about networks follow

CATSUP: January-Early February 2015

PERMALINK • Saturday, 7 February 2015

Hello there dear world!!
Two weeks ago, I blogged about 2014, which was a dreadfully long and whiny post so I'm going to make up for it with lots of photos this time around!

January-early February was filled with a lot of "looking back to look forward" because I got together with many of my friends and renewed these long friendships. It perked me up every weekend to spend time in the sun laughing with my friends, after slogging away at my office job at HQ. Not that it's downright horrible, my colleagues are all lovely and the job is fulfilling but not demanding; it just sucks the soul out of you if you don't shed the formalities and air-conditioning for a bit of sweat and foolishness once in a while amirite?

I hate starting with news about my job all the time but it's a huge part of my life now and I don't think I can really rest easy until I fully accept the fact of adulthood. You'll get there, Shu.

In the meantime, I'll reminisce about some great times this month, and remind myself that at least I don't feel dull during the weekends!

2 January 2015: Julian's Birthday

Started off the year with a sadly, very last minute plan with Yufeng to surprise Julian for his birthday! It was such an epic fail because 1) he was out when we wanted to surprise him 2) we didn't know when he was going to get home 3) he doesn't have a house phone (so we couldn't make plans behind his back) 4) Yufeng protected the matcha crepe cake with her life when running across the road AND everything ended up safe BUT after she set the cake down on the bench, the wind blew and the cake box fell on the floor 5) we made him wait because we had no lighter and 6) the candle wouldn't light 7) his birthday bananas were bruised

So we ended up sticking a (finally) flaming candle into a banana and singing one quarter of a birthday song because we were laughing too hard. It was nice though, because we ran into somebody who gave us his lighter when he saw us struggling... And we very gently explained what a deconstructed cake is to the birthday boy. But yes, the point is! It was chaotic but we are your squad goal, we are very nice friends.

(Okay, okay, moving on to the photos)

4 January 2015: Class gathering and JJ's New Year Party

Classic type meet-up at Brenana's place! Played Yanch's deceptive board game called Avalon! 

POOLSIDE

Later on, Vince and I went down to JJ's famous house! My first time there and I was dying to see what the fuss was all about. Tru to the rumours, we had to cab in with Sarah and Amanda, right down to the last private house in the estate, near a large field where one could watch the sunset and have a picnic. 

We arrived to find the councillors cooking our dinner (which consisted of pasta, mushroom soup, garlic bread and mushrooms, fried chicken wings, fried calamari, bread pudding and brownies), so Sarah, Amanda and I left to find the boys of the OG, who were struggling to wrap their gifts.

 heckin cute

We played Heads Up Charades and it was sO chaotic! About 40 of us were screaming at one person IT WAS TERRIFYING! Then we "exchanged" gifts since it was the 11th day of Christmas! JJ had us pick a random (not entirely, since Sarah and I were totally avoiding Yaoch's very suspicious-looking) gift and then give it to anybody else (not exchange). There were some very desirable goods out there, two books and a $10 popular voucher, so the four arts girls (Sarah, Nicole, Angie and I) were on lock-down for the gifts. 

Unfortunately, I didn't get any of them, but strangely enough, my gift ended up going to the person that gave me mine! Darren and I became the only pair to have gifts match directly, if at all! I got a cup from him and my goodie bag of random items ended up with him. We all opened the gifts and the next thing I knew, the card I included in his bag started circulating around the room!!? Everyone else was basically in awe of the fact that I wrote a touching card to an unknown person.......... It wasn't touching though, I only did so that I could tell him when the Japanese treats I took from my sister would expire.............they must have over-looked that......

IN any case, I got an unexpected sense of satisfaction, even if I did embarrassingly jest "um, so you guys want me to email you the letter?" (and everyone laughed...)(at me? with me? who knows) (I'm such a joke istg)


With the Raithoros OGLs here! I had so much fun at the party and met some new friends too! What a blast! My social life is going somewhere tbh

my game very on form here where are the boys

9 and 10 January 2015 : Catching up @ MBS

Yufeng invited the primary school mates (9th) and the lower sec friends (10th) to MBS for a long awaited gathering! 





*gwen stefani's rich girl plays in the background*


What is wrong with you child


Abel has grown one and a half heads but he's still 12. 
The rest of us turned out alright.

Dil and I caught up privately when the rest were out of the room and it was a chat that was long overdue. It was basically about all the bullying drama we experienced back in the day and it was so screwed up; we were both the victims and the bullies in the whole thing with a few others. We exchanged stories and we realised how it didn't just stop at us kids screwing up with hate mail and blog-posts, there were violent and possessive friends, parents who interfered and school authority that went overboard. There was so much ugly and childish stuff in there that can only be sorted out when we have both had a few years to put it behind us. Not sure how I would feel seeing the rest again, but the chat did us both good; and in talking to Dil I feel like I can properly close a stupid and frustrating episode of my childhood.


 The next day was Cedar Sec 1I/2I Day!!!!
Imagine about 15 teenage girls who haven't caught up in at least 
4 years in a room together with cameras and a selfie stick







❤❤❤

The next day, Audrey called me and she was at Fiona's place (which is across the river!!!) So we hung out nearby and she screamed and gave me a really big hug and the point is in two weeks I kinda hung out with Primary to JC friends I LOVE MY FRIENDS!!! 

Some Time (Sorry):

hanging out before Vince flies to Taiwan and we respond to his photos of scenery and his dorm with photos of our office cubicles!!!

Working life

Very anti-climatic I know I know, but check out some of these cool photos I took while on the job! I shouldn't be saying that right. Never mind.


The view from the 24th floor of MOE!


We could see MBS in the distance



Bukit Timah Hill

And some random photos in the middle of the post:



FURRY SKY CAT

Some random day with Yufeng:

Decided to explore the Sports Hub on foot (not even going to bother saying that it was a run) since it's so nearby






Very beautiful waterfront park??? Why haven't I been spending more time here!




My first selfie with Yufeng




And this will nicely lead to 

1 February 2015: Classmates @ Kallang

Suggested my class meet at Kallang Wave Mall, my new favourite hang because it has 3 major clothing brands, a supermarket with budget sushi, Burger King (aka 70 cents ice cream because McDs has inflated), it's near home so I can save on adult fare and travel on my scooter AND most importantly, the Sports Hub has breezy empty space we can make a lot of noise in!!!!!! And we won't get chased out by security!!!!! IDEAL LEPAK PLACE amirite i am i am


Those enlisting in FABruary // My favourite ah beng

get off my scooter mark chia

6 February 2015

Attended a talk yesterday at VJ by the NUS Scholarship Committee and it was quite reassuring to hear their success stories. I also got to meet my teachers again..... Ms Sharon, Ms Lim and Mr Ho (cannot call them otherwise tbh), receive hugs (WEIRD) and catch up!

Ms Sharon and I match!! Popped knee and all

SOo look at my very happening life!!! I'm making it just fine right now, because I have plans with my dear friends every weekend and I'm learning a lot at work/about life. It's been a great first month looking back positively. I'm glad I have all these people supporting me in my jouney :-) ❤❤❤ As advised by the scholars, I should enrich myself this break, so here's to living life on the wild side B) Wishing all those enlisting/figuring life out all the best, and HEAD FIRST, FEARLESS.

No comments :