In this post, I apologise for going crazy with the art filters *bows*. It was just as well that I only decided to try out the effects of the camera on the last day, and not day one because I'm sure you would have been turned off by the dramatic filters I used lmao. I promise never to pull off that stunt again.
Last day of our stay in Australia: in the morning we headed out to the University of New South Wales. Each time these five words were spoken, I would think of the Australian Educational Assessments that I participated in ever since P3, and well, participation was all I could get. Things have changed for me. I predict that when people mention these words I will think of the 5 Singaporean students that met us that morning.
It was heartening to see Singaporeans there, in a foreign land, I must admit, even if I had only spent a week in Australia. Hell, five days. Perhaps it was because they were young as well and that helped us slip into very comfortable talk with them. The five of them were the exco of the Singapore Students' Association, basically who you would want to look for if you were a Singaporean student studying at UNSW.
Photographs at Australia's Botanic Gardens, final thoughts under the cut:
What a beautiful way to end the trip to Australia. We had a lovely little reflection hour before heading off to the airport. It suddenly hit me then that I would be leaving quaint little Australia behind and returning to reality.
During the trip I had gotten much closer to many friends. I miss having Mavis yell Memories or Kaleidoscope Eyes or Bittersweet or demanding to listen to Lying, her dirty little secret. I miss having Jayne play Five Minutes to Midnight on loop, outside the shower. I miss having Swedha asking for Mad World or Prataface or looking guilty for hinting at something that would send Mavis screaming songs at the top of her lungs. I miss prancing around the room with Jayne's Stitch and Mavis's Audrey Chia Xiong Xiong (I didn't touch Prataface, that's Swedha's lmao). I miss linking arms with Zeqi and singing Panic! songs along Sydney Harbour. I miss the twenty of us in an alternative world. I think I miss Rob trying to make us pronounce Woollomooloo and other names. I even miss Laura's hip hip hurrays and camera face.
The Australia trip was a much welcomed break from life. It was really an escape at such a crucial time of my life, with the Os and... When I stepped onto the plane it sure felt like I had left a bundle of anchors elsewhere, anywhere, just not following me over the seas. I felt guilty when I heard others speak of how part of them missed home. I did not want to leave, no, I did not at all.
It was a huge part of me that was ripped out. The part that held the anticipation of the trip weeks and months before; the part that marveled at the beauty and charm of the country; the part of me that was there living life with friends, with reality placed on hold for a week that passed much too soon. The part that tore off was happy.
Mavis singing Memories would be really awesome right now.
Masterpost
No comments :
Post a Comment