Had an amazing official last week of school! It's been such a crazy year with A12 and I'm so proud to say now that I've come a long long way since the first day of JC life. Just looking at my highs and lows of being with this class could bring tears to my eyes. I'm so lucky to be blessed with this diverse class, and to have had the opportunity to grow closer to them despite my initial apprehension. I'll be making a post about this year in general soon, perhaps even one purely about the class, but have a summary of the last few days of school that I spent with them for now :-) (most photos courtesy of my classmates!)
Monday:
Went for OGL briefing and got to meet my OG! They seem like great people in general, all welcoming and enthusiastic. I love meeting new people and making friends but I don't know if they will want to be mine. I can come off as a bit of a nutmeg at the start, and people tend to ignore me, especially on whatsapp. Maybe it's the big rambly chunks I send, or the use of periods. Or maybe the lack of punctuation when I'm excited. In any case, I really hope to become great friends with some, if not most of them by the end of the camps. Life just got a whole lot more interesting!
After that, I met Yanch and Hubert for the filming of the mass dance segment of the Open House video! We had lots of fun with Vincent just making V jokes (we were in the V. ok.) and rehearsing Whiney. I think I'm getting better at mass dancing now, even though I kept colliding with Vincent because my sense of direction is... no direction. I got a sun-tan that made me look red and rosy at the start but then I began peeling so I guess I became even more a-ppealing.
I'm so sorry I think Hubert's puns are rubbing off on me.

We then went to T14 to outline the design for VA Colour Affair. The class didn't submit a design (dammit I should have seized the opportunity to design something lord of the rings themed) but we were given a simple one to paint on to the walls (on the left). Anyway, we used some of Hube's ropes to construct a make-shift compass and the 'curves connoisseur' Yanch used his expertise to draft the bunny. YooOo look at the final product below!! Look what another class did! The Barad-dûr!!!
Once that was done, we went for a crazy mid-day run along the beautiful beach because we had nothing better to do. We covered 4km, which was surprising for me because I only ran once in the last two/three months. Of course, I was much slower than them, but it felt good to get off my posterior and sweat it out.
Tuesday:
The Gundam party gang (for lack of a better name) went to Qin Ge's house at Kovan for a e-learning/bonding session. We spent the first five minutes just fawning over his beautiful place - a small but cosy and neat condo with a huge balcony. Boy, I'd like to live like that.
We tried our hardest to complete the e-learning tasks with a little teamwork but we kept getting distracted by card and video games (as usual). I think it's great that we're all getting closer (and more broke) and we want to spend time together! I'm full of love for this class and I would never have thought that at the start of the year :')

Wednesday:
The first day of Victorian Affair was a lazy day spent in school! It was heartening to see the class painting together :") Those who didn't wield brushes stood with umbrellas and newspapers to shield the painters from the early morning sun. We even took down laminated notices from the notice boards to fan our painters with :") *stands on a hill and yells CLASS SPIRIT*




The second half of VA Day 1 saw the gladiators from the respective houses compete in gruelling stamina and strength courses. The sun was really beating down on us and it showed no mercy to those who competed in the strength segment. Fiona overheated during the course and burnt out as she was fighting for Pegasus. My heart sank when she collapsed at the end and then next thing I knew was that a big group of us were trying to heave her back into the shade. Her classmates, throwers, Audrey, Jayne and I tried to get her to cool down by pouring water all over her scorched feet and hands. We even sourced for cardboard to form a fanclub and Audrey ran all about trying to hydrate her and bring her body temperature down.
It was such a scare but it was a heartwarming (pardon the pun) sight of people coming together out of care and concern for Fiona, the Champ in our hearts. Following that, I made sure to follow the head-ache striken Fiona out to cheer for other Cedarians and friends. It definitely brought me back to Sports Days in Cedar :") Why don't we ever have more sporting events like that to foster friendships?
During the breaks, the class sought shade and entertainment with ~more card games~ but when it came to the stamina segment, we were all pumped to cheer for Hubert. I felt so good seeing the class cheer their lungs out for Hubert as he ran past and we even ran after him and followed his progress throughout the race. :")
Then of course, I didn't want to miss the speed segment, when Audrey and Valerie took to the track. Damn I really miss watching track events in Cedar :")

Hubert is Miley

It looks like he is licking my head oh my god

Look at all the qtpies I hate ya'll so much ugh!!!!
Thursday:
What a sweet day! The first time ever that the entire class was present for something other than lessons! We met at Dhoby Ghaut and had an insane time !procrastinating!. The race started and we were still waiting around for classmates, going for toilet breaks and buying breakfast. Nominated Class Capt Yanch even brought a silly lil whistle to complete his role and that certainly confused and amused. When we finally reached the first station, the gamemaster was really exasperated with our silly antics and whining.
We were such a failures at competing, ending up at Orchard Central instead of Clarke Quay. And when we reached the third station, we were emptying lime juice and sugar into water bottles for an internal forfeit... not as mean as the wasabi and chilli would have made us, were it an external battle. The fourth station involved me throwing paper balls at Qin Ge's face and Mark catching them against said face. I think I'm really good at throwing trash at my PW group mates. Whoooo Fun Bin!

Full class picture because we haven't had one of these since the start of the year.
Lunch was a great sub at Subway with more card games (wow how did you guess) and a birthday cake for the November babies! Following that we went to Marina Square for a shoe flicking game but we got confronted by a security guard (and were probably stomped). I think we were all quite tired from the walking and false directions because our class just ended up sitting at the Esplanade concourse for 45 mins.
It wasn't a bad 45 mins though! I got to have a heart to heart chat with Mark and Erica (well well well, PW again) about fears and futures and hobbies. Security guards must really hate teenagers: smelly, noisy and reckless.
Later, we went down to the Lawn smack in the middle of the CBD for the finale concert of VA. It was really a night of sweaty fun jumping and singing along to the acts until the sun went down. The male dancers were so attractive from afar. I think... Male dancers can get anything they want in life. I want to be a dancer boy.
Some of my classmates really unleashed the adrenaline during the teachers' performance because we were a circle of jumping kids yelling to fun. and later, Fall Out Boy. Because who can resist FOB amirite??? I heard that everything was so loud that the cops came and the teachers cussed. Wow rebellion.
When Hubert (the rockstar) went up on stage the class was cheering so loudly again that my voice dipped a sexy octave lower.
Ah yes, finally becoming a dancer boy.
Oh and we ended off the night with mass dance! Did you know that our rocker Hubert not only shreds but also knows the words to Whiney and does an amazing impression? Wow what a talent!!! What better way to end the week/year with the same dance to start the week/year.
\
\
Erica, Yanch, Brenan, Qin Ge and Vincent

With some of the class boys: Vincent, Yanch, Gordon and Dhiraj the emcee. I think I took a photo with Hubert the qt rocker but I don't know who has the photo :-(

Thank god for five picnic mats I found in the store

Hot and sweaty night :-)

And lastly, photo with the Cedarians (I could find)!!!
Oh yeah! John gifted us all with special, personalised stuff and a card! I got Gandalf and an Orc!!!!!

We all got quite emotional after VA because we had such a wonderful time. Some were close to tears (correction: people cried) and there were sentimental words exchanged. I keep repeating this but I just can't believe that life with the class took a turn for the better for me. I sure hope that others feel that significant change in the dynamics of the class and it keeps evolving for the better. My wish for next year is that whatever problems we may have now get resolved and we grow to love each other even more.
Thanks for a great year, A12.

No comments :
Post a Comment