Labels

home about networks follow

First Love

PERMALINK • Wednesday, 19 March 2014

You threw my fake flowers out last spring, 
Along with the weeds that had flourished,
After leaving sprouts on my ear lobe;
Your every kiss like a knock at a door hinged to my thick skull.
Empty vessels make the most noise and I
Could hardly hear myself over a room full of you. 

A river rolling recklessly
Away from me,
To the edge of the earth where it's warmer.
That is where you meet yourself, the common sun,
Where extraordinary 
myths leap off the plain 
and fly.

But I prefer darkness,
Under the sea where it's colder.
My lungs can barely clutch
Your breath, down where twilight lasts forever. 
Your warmth teaches me nothing
Except I can be fire if I swim by myself.

Maybe you're a fairy, glowing a feline red 
Or maybe you're an Angler, hanging an honest star.
So much of the ocean is unexplored,
And I'm already lost in your euphotic zone.


No comments :