~~*~~*~**~Welcome to part three of the Orientation series~~*~~*~**~
Part I/Part II/Part III
Finally! The last installment of the JCO series! Be forewarned: this post is really long and will be quite wordy because it's coming to the end so I'll have lots of memories to share and thanks to give :")
ARCANE DAY THREE: 10th Feb 2014 (aka. The Waterfall Revolution)
Orientation 2014: Arcane Day 3 Video
One of my favourite days!!! We had the Waterfall Revolution! Also known as the wet games! I was really excited to spend this time with Raithoros 2 because I missed playing dry games with them the day before!! I'm so happy some random person took photos of the kids playing hehe
asshole bear-hugged me again and transferred his disgusting wetness and sauces onto me dammit hwy
A pity that the wet games we played were more disgusting than wet :-( Wet games ended and we all got hosed down phew it was hot! Most of the Raithoros OGLs wore the Ursa house tee after that for OG pride! Unfortunately for me, I ran into Mark, Yanch, Hub and Qin who didn't want to talk to me because I was "betraying" Pegasus :'(
Then it was mass dance time!! It was time to learn friendship!!!!! *cue evil laughter* I managed to dance with JJ before I had to rush off for the dark minion debut wahahaha
(From fb) Cheryl!!! and Bai Yang stoning
Our boss man Dark Lord Jim Lim (Rishabh) in adidas.
It was really quite fun being booed at by every single person, all the faces of hatred at my betrayal (they still didn't know who I was though... most of them) as I looked out at Raithoros. I felt the Sauron power I felt very nazgul-esque. After the 45 second long parade, we had to wash off the make-up that we took sooO long to put on geeez. The dark minions have our own cheer, which is a segment from I Want You.... and unsurprisingly, the action cues go "Wash face, wash face, wash face, look (to the right) and pose" followed by a "Who's the best? Dark Minions!!"
Yay that night, we had our first mass OG dinner at the Airport!! There are honestly way too few places outside school for a big group of teens to hang out and have harmless fun :-( It's too bad that society thinks a gathering of teens means delinquent activity :-(
Sliding with the 6 year-olds @ T3
Jun Ying has one expression. Only one.
Fav: EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GIF ROCKS
Cheryl and Kylie take centre stage!... And are almost... not moving :0! // Jun Ying is just drinking he doesn't even care anymore // Yun Sen being a creep: "yo Jun Ying lemme whispa in ur ear" // And the best part about this epic gif is Lloyd poking Darryl's face
After I left, the group took more photos!!
Yay but luckily before I left, we took a mass OG photo!
Silly Raithoros I love y'all
ARCANE DAY FOUR: 11th Feb 2014 (aka. Class time)
The first half of day four was a special class/house session, so I was working alongside Jammu and Ash instead of Cher Lloyd and in charge of 14A12 instead of Rai 2~ The aim of the session was to introduce them all to ~design thinking~ in order to prep them for ~PW~... yknow, because they had to give up a fun day to do something that they will hate for the next 8 months or so.
So yeah! The plan was to get to know your teacher and design a bag for him/her, to satisy his/her needs!
I missed them so much looking at these photos, a week is a week too long without seeing your favourite people... but I was pleasantly surprised when they came down to see the junior class!! Aww 13♡12 and 14♡12!!! ♡♡♡
Mr Cheong looks euphoric that bag must be gr8
Shopping Spree
There were class presentations of the bag to select the best bag to be represented at a house level, and then again to represent the house at a cohort level. A12 made it all the way and Mr Cheong had to do the runway walk in front of the school haha.
Then it was time for the cheer wars! I was never one to have house spirit, but I've always supported Jiali for being one awesome house capt. So when it came down to the cheer wars, I was super unsure of the cheers and how well Pegasus would participate, having gone through a long tiring day of presentations and having the reputation of never being the strongest house. But standing with my fellow Pegasus OGLs, I was infected by their enthusiasm and our cheers and I felt like I had a share in it. It was like finding yet another band of OGLs, new friends, to have fun with together that gave me that heartwarming feeling that even though we didn't know each other, we were all from Pegasus, and we had to do our best. I must say I did feel a sense of Pegasus pride that day :')
I also felt that the freshies were starting to feel a sense of pride and belonging to their OGs, and it was pleasantly surprising to receive a message that read "only five hours until I can see you guys again" on the OG chat (can't remember who it was from)(maybe darryl) :")
It was getting increasingly exciting because the second half of the day was (prep and) Fired Up Evening!! Unfortunately, I don't have photos from FUE because I was so busy, and I don't know why they aren't on Facebook either so I'm really sad :-(
Orientation 2014: Arcane Day 4 Fired-up Evening Prelude
Raithoros came in second to Arvia so during the epic finale battle, Bai Yang and I had to face off and be the second last standing, before he killed me and got killed by the Dark Lord.
(photos from Day 3 but I needed them for this)
I can't believe I was so reluctant to be a dark minion at the start when Raithoros sacrificed me because I was "very drama" (sigh). I'm glad I took up the role eventually though, because this bunch turned out to be the most fun I could ask for. Our silly antics were a great contrast to our wanna-be "I am ZEE DARKNESSS", from reciting Steve's tongue-twister "sleazy steve's stiff sleeves please", to our ratty times pretending to be demon mice. I think we were the noisiest, most troublesome bunch of scar faced devils but we were also the exciting bits of the show :") Thank you so much for putting up with my Sauron antics, darkness!
u wana b on top
Fired up evening was a blast! An even bigger one than last year's was (and we didn't have to throw lightsticks and get scolded by Mr Lim! Yay!)!!!! I think I really lost myself in the evil because I was going all out to snarl and be a big devil, feeding off all the jeers from the crowd. I wanted to clear up immediately afterwards but I didn't want to miss Project Firefight. I later realised the perks of being in devilish make up (that is, attention awarded to me, paths opening up for me, people yelling at me... the list goes on). Needless to say, Jammu and I went running to Hubert's side of the stage when he came out to perform. We must have screamed ourselves hoarse #loyalfanhub: "HUBERT SIGN MY ARM" "HUBERT WE LOVE YOU" "MARRY ME HUBERT" so on and so forth. Sadly, we only managed to do one mass dance because we were running short of time :-(
ARCANE DAY THREE: 14th Feb 2014 (aka. Sea Sports Carnival + Fountain of Wealth)
Happy Valentine's Day!!! I was a lil sad that we couldn't spend Valentine's with 13A12 at the class picnic because they seemed like they had a lot of fun :-( Oh but I was under immense pressure to churn out cards for my classmates to thank them for being so kind to me and my eccentricities. Am personally proud of the customised pick-up lines I did for them, as far as possible hahah major suck up. I spent the morning with with Jams and Ash teaching 14A12 our special A12 and Arts Fac cheers though!
Arts Fac cheer:
Sin sin cosine pi
3.14159
U squared V squared 2.A.S
Science fac Science fac
k i s s m y a s s
What an extraordinary piece of literary material, which is the exact same thing as the Science fac cheer except their last line is sci fac sci fac is the best. Talk about aggressive!
That said, we were the class with the best cheers of course hahaha our A12 tradition was passed down once again :") They did our special suck-up cheer to all the GMs and it was most hilarious to watch the GMs faces turn from mild amusement to shock at the... crudeness? HAHAH They fuck you up, your mom and dad...and your seniors. The best part was that Mr Cheong joined them in the cheers and did all the actions hehehe
When we went back to school and were dismissed, a really sweet thing happened: we did the OGL cheer, and then all the OGLs (who were there) started doing the different cheers from every OG. It was a cute cheer appreciation session that was short but heartwarming all the same :")
That evening was Mass Dance @ Fountain of Wealth!!
(I edited this photo yes but we are naturally beautiful)
Everyone had lots of wild reckless fun @ FOW:
- Mass dancing
- Running around and around and around the fountain to loud music
- Ran around the fountain singing Happy Birthday for Brian 14 Feb Love Cupid
- Put cake on his face
Top arts student and D&T Beasssst
Dearest Sarah my mass dance trooper and fellow #artsfac OGL (Hwy is a faculty on his own, he is Faculhwy...madness not associated with Arts Fac) and JJ WETA master, thank you for taking all my silly antics and tolerating my bullshit! Pity I didn't take a photo with Yaoch because he's another one that takes my bullshit and returns double.
Fav boys came down to have some fun too!!!! Such a joy seeing them and getting lost in Suntec afterwards. I felt really bad that I couldn't be with them most of the time and because I left Yanch hanging awkwardly before Hubert came :-( Sorry boys but do hope you had fun ewahing :-)))

(Part of) Raithoros 2!
Even though Orientation is waaaay over, I'm so glad that they are still so active on the chat and still initiate OG breakfast even when they are so busy. I still feel like I was a shitty OGL for them, always running away to do dark minion rehearsals and being a GM, and not really asserting my presence as well as Lloyd and Cheryl did. Sometimes, I feel a bit disconnected, like I'm not as cool as Lloyd is, nor as sweet as Cheryl is, and that I am always being a little too forthcoming with them, too loud, too bossy, too much of a domineering person, but I'm very glad that they have accepted me as their OGL anyway, and have made me feel at home. I have watched people emerge from their shells and I am honoured to have been part of that process because I know how hard it can be. Even though Orientation is over, I'll still try to be a better OGL for you guys :")
To all the Raithoros OGLs, I think we have come such a long way from when we first started out. We were not the strongest OG, nor the loudest, but I do believe that we were and we are the most personal OG, from the little things like Raithoros identity badges, to making sure nobody is left behind, to Raithoros dinners and play times. I've met amazing people through this journey, not just OGLs within Raithoros but other OGLs and Adhoc members too. I think we are bound not by our colours, our elements, our OG names, nor cheers; we are characterised by the fact that we made it through Arcane, all the good times and the rough times that we have had. Thank you for the memories :")
I can't believe that about five months ago I was so close to giving up the opportunity to be a part of this. I remember getting two S grades for my Promos and I failed to meet the criteria for being an OGL. I was literally two minutes away from pulling out of the interview, but I remember Wei Liang and Marilyn and all my friends telling me to "just try". I constantly look back on my Orientation process to remind myself about how I should live my life... I go back to the time I drew Gimli in my application form, and explained that I wanted to be like him, brave, loyal, and a great friend. I go back to the time I said what I felt during the interview. I go back to each time I almost refused something in this process, and went ahead with it anyway, and received so many beautiful things in the process.
I'm still scared of a lot of things and with my future looming ominously before me, I am more fearful than ever. But Arcane served to remind me that not everything will be sunshine and rainbows. Sometimes, you will get thunderstorms and lightning and you will be so very afraid of the unknown, of the unpredictable... but you will not get anywhere if you don't take the plunge. I played the darkness, I helped people to face the unknown and now it's time for me to face my own inhibitions.
~The End~
No comments :
Post a Comment