~~*~~*~**~Welcome to part two of the Orientation series~~*~~*~**~
ARCANE DAY ONE: 6th Feb 2014
Early that morning, we assembled and were briefed about the day's plans, which involved a lot of ice-breaking and administrative work. I had to come in to school dressed in my Cedar uniform as part of the plan to provide a "familiar uniform". Needless to say, it was slightly... very redundant because there were 70 over Cedarians hanging around VJ that morning, gawking at me. Well. I had a lot of fun pretending I was a lost sheep, and the activity mainly centered around walking around with Jammu and playing with the other OGL ushers haha. It was a great effort to liven up the atmosphere with random flash mobs and electronic dance music playing at 7.30 am on the first morning of a fresh and scary two years.
I was a lil bummed out that I couldn't sit with my OG that morning because of that uniform business, but I did join them, still in "disguise" for a while. There were 17 people at first, but I could never get through to Juliana, another appealed out and one more joined us on the first morning (darryl i know u r reading this hello0). Oh and there were two Cedarians in my OG... ... and it was awkward. One of them looked at me when I still in the Cedar uni and gave me an amused look. I later learned her name was Amanda (from crcy) and she said she kinda recognised me and was wondering if I were a) up to something or b) a retainee. But it was nice to have some Cedar spirit :-))))
There isn't much to say about our OG on the first day, because they were still really awkward and shy. It didn't help that the activities were all administrative: school culture talks, subject walkabouts, tours etc. Cheryl and Lloyd tried so hard to make them feel welcomed omg. We hopped from one ice-breaker to the other because we felt like they were so bored with every game that we were playing :-( I felt positively awkward around them. I must have been really too loud and forthcoming like Hubert once said I was. Not cool, Shu Yu, not cool.
But what was cool was the Arcane video for the first day!!!
But what was cool was the Arcane video for the first day!!!
Orientation 2014: Arcane Day 1 Video (enable captions)
Oh yes and we did do mass dance! We learnt Whiney and I Want You, which are the easiest and most difficult mass dances respectively. I guess it says a lot about my mass dance journey now that I Want You is my favourite hah. I looked around at the faces of the freshies during the learning of I Want You and I was reminded of my agonising first encounter with mass dance u__u
Over here, we have Cheryl and Lloyd, my fellow Rai 2 OGLs!
And that cute boy is Brian who very politely bombed our exclusive OGL photo jkjk
You can see Brian behind me through the banner in this one -_-
ARCANE DAY TWO: 7th Feb 2014
Orientation 2014: Arcane Day 2 Video
It's time for dry games! I was up for Dark Minion Rehearsal and game-master duty so I didn't see Raithoros 2 as much as I would have liked. It really was a pity because it was the day of opening up and I couldn't witness it :-(
I think the highlight of my GM duty was the suck-up cheers that I had to receive. My Raithoros OGLs told their freshies not to stop at anything to impress me into giving them max points for suck-up. In the end, I got caressed by Sarah's OG and thrown into the air by Brian's gdi I thought they were supposed to be nicer to me.
A funny thing that happened was Hui Xin and Vincent's rotation checks. Hui Xin stepped into my classroom and pulled a disgusted face as she muttered "omg the sweat smell". Having been stuck in that room for about two hours I was more or less immuned to the smell, but I was dumb enough to step out for fresh air (and it was slightly hazy out, I must add). Let's just say that the freshies weren't so.
Speaking of Kylie, Dhiraj made a low move to call her up on stage during a forfeit man. He arrowed her (and her fame) to go on stage to dance with a boy named Lindon who followed him on twitter the poor girl was in such a spot and it was so awkward
My sub-OG taking a group photo without me :-(
The guy in the green shorts is Teck Yan who appealed out :-(
He came by to settle admin issues and also to take a photo with us :')
JCO PREP: DAY 2.5
It was a good idea to have a five day orientation span across nine days so that everybody could have a good rest. The OGLs came back to school on Sunday to help with the wet games prep! I must say that that was one of the best days I spent with the Raithoros OGLs :")
After a few of us shifted the banners and decor, we moved to help the rest with the tying of water bombs! I got a pretty sloppy welcome from Hwy, who attacked me with his wet back so I was wet within three seconds of joining them 0___0
- Prepared around 5000 water bombs in two parts
- Had popsicles that Bai Yang bought for us yay
- Had a water fight and no one left dry
- Raithoros had a netball game with Aish ^ ^
- Ordered McDonalds and made all the other OGs jealous ("Oi Raithoros spoil market")
- Had day 3 briefing
The second half of the day was spent with Raithoros alone and we quickly got down to our secret business!

"EVeeybody lOok SURPRISED!!!!1!"
(look at Alyssa's face)
We were making badges for our freshies (Raithoros spoil market AGAIN)!!!! We made short work of it by having an awesome assembly line of cutters, punchers and quality control managers :-)))) And of course we had to make extra to suck-up to the ad hoc. Speaking of which, Vincent said he never received his badge... *side eyes Rishabh* 
I have a dozen gifs now thanks for Google+'s photo burst pls
KHASIM UR FACE
KHASIM UR FACE

SUCH CONFUSION VERY MADNESS
Brian is very bad at this
After the badges, we actually did mass dance!! We practised Friendship and I Got A Feeling :-)) What an enthusiastic bunch of OGLs, practising mass dance on their own!!1!1 Somebody suggested that we text our freshies and ask them for "a person you admire most in your sub-OG" in order to pair them up for Friendship, so there was a moment of excitement and match-making as we OTP-ed them evil laughter. It went pretty well for our group because there were freshies that chose each other, and we paired the rest up according to compatibility he he he
We always thought that our cheers weren't fun enough nor as cool as the other OGs, so we then worked on new cheers because we learnt what the freshies liked! We came up with more and better cheers in two hours than on the many days that we met up before OGL camp u___u. Towards the end of Orientation, we learnt that the freshies and the other OGs found our cheers addictive instead because they were fun to do, especially this one:
I have the whole collection of videos we filmed that day and I'm going to watch them every time I miss Orientation because I'm a dramatic piece of poop.
Our Muscle Men (Calvin, BY, Yaoch and Brian) showing off their powers of levitation
Left: Yaoch gets an hand imprint on his abs thanks to Brian// Right: Moment of radiance put Raithoros in awe because we had never seen Khasim not unglam before. jk this guy is a ball of sunshine ^ ^
We sat around for about a minute watching Calvin try to hold himself up with only his arms and head and fall over each time. Xin Yi stepped in and within five seconds was holding this pose (and still looking pretty as heck). Draw your attention to our OG head Bai Yang and his brilliant face.
Super happy I got to spend that Sunday with Raithoros because we had so much fun together :") It really made me so stoked for the rest of Orientation, with good reason too, because the Day 3 and 4 were going to be the best parts of Arcane 2014 :-)
(to be continued)
No comments :
Post a Comment