Orientation 2014: Arcane Teaser Video
~~*~~*~**~Welcome to part one of the Orientation series~~*~~*~**~
I was going to wait until after CTs to even start so I guess you can say I'm way ahead of myself??? On the bright side I guess you can still look forward to more photos and thoughts in greater detail (effort = time, good things come to those who wait, patience is a virtue, etc)! Sorry not sorry for taking however long I took! 500 hundred over photos are not easy to review u__u
JCO PREP: The weeks before
Way before JCO, the OGLs had to meet up regularly to make banners, costumes, cheers and decor. The highlight of this was probably the filming of the orientation videos like the teaser! As seen from above, we had a storyline which was pretty darn cool!! It was reminiscent of LOTR the moment I heard it: Dark Lord returns to capture runes to gain dominion over the world and the different OGs had to stop him. I think the whole world knows by now that I was sacrificed as a dark minion so I shan't bother hiding that fact anymore yeaaaah! (More videos will come in the next instalment)
There were six OGs: Raithoros (yellow, lightning), Izehiem (purple, ice), Arvia (blue, water), Fyros (red, fire), Meteora (orange, earth) and Viridius (green, nature). Two OG heads per OG, six dark minions (one from each OG) and one dark lord. Okay background info - SETTLED
Our amazing OG heads (mascots) in their costumes!
I'm glad that this year they decided to have two OG heads instead of just one. The costumes are so impressive !11!! Ours is the biggest most attention grabbing yellow one RAITHOROS FOREVER. But to be quite honest Yun Ting's my favourite representative #girlpower
During the first phase of filming, the minions went down to ECP for filming. They looked like they had a lot of fun!

Apart from the fact that half of this is covered by Brian's face, I love this photo because everybody seems so happy! Hello Ashley!
Oh yes special mention to JJ our resident WETA specialist! He did all of Raithoros' weapons, including my dark minion weapon! Our weapons were the most impressive and sturdy thanks to his expertise :-)

SWAG

While everyone was looking cool, I was er... with these silly people. But hey when we got our costume together we were the stars of the show!!!!
With Raithoros minions Brian and Sarah!
From left: Candy, Steve, Ben Leow, Ethan, Andre and Sauron Shu!
Zac told us that he saw us as a family, Candy the bitchy sassy one, Ethan the leader, Ben and Andre the evil evil twins and me... the baby...well okay, at least I wasn't named the annoying uncle Steve.
JCO PREP: DAY MINUS ONE/ZERO
For several days leading up JCO, the OGLs had to meet up for briefings, Orientation Pack preparation, rehearsals and mass dance. During that period, I really felt so wholly involved and purposeful because we were all working towards Orientation. ((Not to mention that one of the reasons why I was so apprehensive to sign up was because of mass dance and now I am addicted))
After days of fussing over the banner, here it is! It looks fantastic, doesn't it?!!!!
JJ put a light in the eye of the fox and we added the little sparkles around to make it look more magical!
ARE U FIRED UP????
This was taken on Day 0 after we called our freshies! We were all so incredibly pumped to meet them!
(look at yaoch and hwy i s2g)
(look at yaoch and hwy i s2g)
I think I really screwed up during the calling haha I remember I was very excited and yelling at Cheryl about something while waiting for the phone to connect, and then I yelled into the phone omg. I was so embarrassed that I couldn't control my voice so I ended up laughing on the line while talking to a freshie's dad. jfc. I think I also pissed a grandmother off with my poor communication skills so she hung up on me. And I never managed to get through to a girl called Juliana in time for her to join us for orientation. Yes, we were one freshie short. I wonder if she is even in VJ now...
Anyway, it was a mix of fear and excitement as we listened to the Ad hoc and the OG heads give out instructions and protocols and warnings to everything that was about to happen for the next five days of JCO. To be truthfully honest, everyone involved had been walking on thin ice leading up to JCO, making slips that nearly cost us all our reliability. The whole process was so overwhelming but I was blessed to have this bunch of crazy OGLs along for the ride. It was so surreal that Orientation was about to begin, and yet it didn't feel like I was an OGL.

No comments :
Post a Comment